Dental Implant Secured Dentures
Syracuse, Dewitt & Fayetteville, NY
Some of the major draw backs to traditional dentures, which are not secured by dental implants:
- Loose-fitting dentures do not look natural, especially when eating
- Unsecured dentures are usually uncomfortable and, in many cases, painful
- In order to stabilize unsecured dentures, messy adhesives are used.
- As the bone continues to wear away, dentures become loose. When this happens, the dentures will fall out during normal activities such as laughing, coughing or sneezing. Only way to prevent this is to use a messy adhesive.
- There are food restrictions like steak, corn on the cob, apples, etc… when people use unsecured dentures.
- Without teeth and supporting bone structure, people age much quicker.
These major disadvantages become obsolete with dental implant retained dentures. These dentures are more secure and maintain your appearance and the integrity of the facial structure.
Some of the many advantages of dental implant retained dentures and dental implant supported dentures:
- Much more comfortable and stable than normal dentures
- The process that deteriorates the bone of the jaw is almost completely stopped.
- Your appearance is improved.
- You will enjoy and taste your food better since it is not necessary to cover the roof of your mouth like with traditional dentures.
- Less repairs and relines than traditional dentures
- No adhesive is necessary ever.
- The normal pattern of biting and chewing is restored
- Integrity of the facial structure is maintained.
To learn more about dental implant retained dentures, request an appointment with Dr. Martin to see if implanted dentures is the right choice for you.